New VocabHunter Release
VocabHunter is an Open Source tool designed to help you to learn a foreign language. v2.1.0 of VocabHunter is available now. Get your free copy from the download page.
The main changes in this release are:
- Following user feedback, when you export your list of words, any notes you have added will be exported alongside the words. If you really just want the words without the notes, use the “Export Selection Without Notes” option in the “Words” menu.
- VocabHunter now runs using version 11.0.3 of Java from AdoptOpenJDK. This is bundled with VocabHunter so there is no need to install Java separately.
- A handful of minor bugs were fixed and the versions of the Open Source libraries used in the software were all updated.
Using the Java Packager with JDK 11
There is no need to install Java if you want to use VocabHunter. Everything you need is contained in the installable bundles you’ll find on the download page. If you’d like to know how this is achieved, have a look at the article Using the Java Packager with JDK 11.
- User Interface Testing with TestFX
- Open Source & Secret Santa with Santulator (King Tech Blog)
- Read (Almost) Any Document in Java
- Dependency Injection in JavaFX
- VocabHunter – A tool for learners of foreign languages (King Tech Blog)
- How JavaFX was used to build a desktop application (King Tech Blog)