I’ve just released a new version of VocabHunter. You can get a copy from the download page. The main changes in this release are:
.wordyfile format that VocabHunter uses to store sessions is now much more efficient. Just as an example, in a novel I am studying with the system I found that simply opening and resaving the session with the new version of VocabHunter reduced the file size by a factor of ten.
- Peter Rogge spotted a problem relating to opening a saved session. The list of file types shown in the dialogue was misleading. This has now been corrected. Thanks Peter!
- The ControlsFX library was updated to v8.40.11. Various other libraries were also updated.
- Migrating to JUnit 5
- Read (Almost) Any Document in Java
- Building a JavaFX Search Bar
- How JavaFX was used to build a desktop application (King Tech Blog)
- VocabHunter – A tool for learners of foreign languages (King Tech Blog)
- User Interface Testing with TestFX
- Dependency Injection in JavaFX
- Open Source & Secret Santa with Santulator (King Tech Blog)
- Using the Java Packager with JDK 11 (Medium)