Take a look at the article I wrote over on the King Tech Blog: How JavaFX was used to build a desktop application.
In the article I talk about how JavaFX makes it easy to build a fully-functioning modern desktop application in Java. The article explains several important JavaFX features and provides links to the VocabHunter source code (all Open Source) so that you can see real examples of how to use these features.
- Using the Java Packager with JDK 11 (Medium)
- Read (Almost) Any Document in Java
- Building a JavaFX Search Bar
- Migrating to JUnit 5
- Dependency Injection in JavaFX
- User Interface Testing with TestFX
- Open Source & Secret Santa with Santulator (King Tech Blog)
- VocabHunter – A tool for learners of foreign languages (King Tech Blog)