I’m very pleased to announce the release of Santulator, my new Open Source project. Using Santulator you can easily run Secret Santa present draws for your friends or work colleagues. As you run the whole draw on your own computer, there is no need to upload personal data to a random site on the internet. Santulator creates a personalised PDF file for each person who will be giving a present. For fun you can add a password to the file and help to keep the secret of the draw. You can find everything you need to know to get started including instructions for downloading and installing on the Santulator website. Santulator is available for free and is Open Source software. All of the source code can be found on GitHub. Santulator is written in Java using JDK 11 and has a JavaFX (OpenJFX 11) user interface. The software is packaged using the Java Packager which in turn uses JLink to build a cut-down JDK with just the modules required to run Santulator. This means you can use the self-contained installer for Mac, Linux or Windows and have everything you need to run the program without the need to install anything else. Santulator uses the version of JDK 11 provided by AdoptOpenJDK.
- Open Source & Secret Santa with Santulator (King Tech Blog)
- Using the Java Packager with JDK 11 (Medium)
- How JavaFX was used to build a desktop application (King Tech Blog)
- User Interface Testing with TestFX
- Dependency Injection in JavaFX
- Building a JavaFX Search Bar
- Read (Almost) Any Document in Java