VocabHunter is an Open Source tool designed to help you to learn a foreign language. v1.0.21 of VocabHunter is available now. Get your free copy from the download page.
The main changes in this release are:
- Filter files are now loaded in the background. Multiple filter files load in parallel. This makes a big difference to the overall performance of the filtering system.
- Thanks to a new version (v1.15) of Apache Tika, VocabHunter can now read even more document formats. The new version includes an important fix to a problem where formatting information appeared as text for certain books in the ePub electronic book format.
- How to Use VocabHunter, the user manual has been expanded and improved. Even if you’ve been using VocabHunter for a while, take a look as you might learn something new about the system:
- As usual, a few software libraries used internally by VocabHunter were updated.
Read (Almost) Any Document in Java
If you’ve ever wondered how VocabHunter is able to read documents in so many varied formats from Microsoft Word through to PDF and much more, all the answers are in the article Read (Almost) Any Document in Java, published while working on this release.
- Building a JavaFX Search Bar
- How JavaFX was used to build a desktop application (King Tech Blog)
- Migrating to JUnit 5
- Dependency Injection in JavaFX
- User Interface Testing with TestFX
- VocabHunter – A tool for learners of foreign languages (King Tech Blog)
- Open Source & Secret Santa with Santulator (King Tech Blog)
- Using the Java Packager with JDK 11 (Medium)